905 Old Alleghany Road
Attica, NY 14011
We hope this web site offers the residents of Bennington useful and pertinent
information about various events (the "calendar"); transfer station hours; what can be recycled; town clerk services; assessor services;
who the various board members are and even weather information.
If you click on the Town Hall or on the Bennington Seal images, they will enlarge. Most of the photos in this web site possess the same capability.
Out of town visitors to our site are able to learn something about us from the Town History page; our photo album and where we are located.
Besides the beautiful scenery, Bennington offers Golf, Bowling, camping, hiking, horse back riding, fishing and hunting.
For more data on Bennington, New York CLICK HERE.
Also, the UB Regional Knowledge Network link to demographic information on the Town of Bennington, can be found HERE.
Please visit the Web Sites of the two Town Fire Companies at:
Bennington Volunteer Fire Co.
Cowlesville Fire Department
Another helpful web page is the Wyoming County Office For The Aging:
Interested in Joining Local Groups? Please see the "Links" page.
As we discover any other items that would be of interest to our residents, we will be sure to add them.
2012 Water Quality Report for Cowlesville Water District
The full report is available in pdf format by CLICKING HERE.
Copie are also available at the Bennington Town Hall.
2013 Upcoming Events/Notices
- Town Supervisor's February Newsletter CLICK HERE.
- Public input welcomed at anytime for Youth Recreation. Ideas and volunteers welcome to plan, carry-out, coach, chaperone, etc. youth sports, events & programs.
If interested, email: email@example.com or call 585-937-9913
- Wyoming County Clerk - Message #1.
- Wyoming County Clerk - Message #2.
- Our local Boy Scouts have placed American Flags along Clinton Street in Bennington Center & Cowlesville. Anyone
interested in making a donation towards updating flags & poles, should call 585-591-2157 and leave your name, number and a brief message.
- June 14th, Friday - 7 pm, Attica Village Park; Boy Scout Troop #474 will join with other local Scout groups
to conduct their annual Flag Day & Retirement Ceremony ceremony including the proper diposal of old flags. Old flags
may be deposited at the Town Hall for collection for the event. Public welcome to attend.
- July 14th, Sunday - 29th Annual Cowlesville Townwide Flea Market - Antiques, tools, books, "junque", food and miscellaneous treasures for all.
Strawberry shortcake & ice cream social at the Museum.
- Summer Concert Series: Thursdays at 7:00 p.m.
All concerts are at Pine Tree Park unless otherwise noted. Rain site for all concerts - The Town Hall, Bennington Center.
Refreshments available to purchase from local community groups. Bring your lawn chairs.
July 11th - City Fiddle original music by Phil & Gretchen Banasak, on fiddle, guitar and other tring instruments.
Site: Bennington Historical Museum Gazebo, Clinton Street, Cowlesville.
July 18th - Lancaster Carnival Kids Steel Drum Orchestra - Lancaster High Schools' well known
electrifiying steel drum music with a South American & Caribbean flair!
July 25th - Skittle Minstrels - the first appearance of this western swing music band,
Aug 1st - Chordbusters Chorus - the Warsaw Barbershop group that performed during our first year of concerts, are
back with a program of old standards, new songs and group sing-alongs.
- August 10th, Saturday - Harris Corners Fire Company Summer Picnic Harris Corners Fire Hall, Folsomdale & Rt. 20A.
Food, games, music good times!
- Bennington Fire Company Ultimate Raffle
Sept. 21st Held at the Aleander Fireman's Rec. Hall. Tickets on sale NOW! 716-523-1556
- Cowlesville Fire Company Ladies Auillary Clam Chowder & Baked Goods Sale
Oct. 12th, Sunday Noon till sold out.
- To help our residents to stay informed about Town matters, we would like to create a E-Mail Notification List. When ever any changes, additions or notices are put up on the Web Site, participating residents would be notified via e-mail.
The e-mail would direct visitors directly to where changes were made. It would save searching the entire site to see if anything is new.
If you would like to be on the Notification List, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with "ADD TO LIST" in the subject line. Also make sure to include your name and a readable e-mail address.
- Starting 3/16/09 and every Monday after, Nutrition for Seniors (60 yrs. & older) will be at the Pine Lounge, 164 Clinton St. Cowlesville, NY 14037. The hours will be 11 AM to 2PM. Seniors must order coupons, in advance, from the Office for the Aging, 8 Perry Ave. Warsaw, NY 14569 585-786-8833 or 1-800-836-0067. Coupons are issued quarterly and the suggested donation is $3.00 per coupon. Menu items are limited and tip is not included in the donation.
- The town of Bennington invites you to become part of its rich history and heritage, by donating to the Memorial Monument at the Town Hall or the Memorial Walkway at the Bennington Historical Museum.
To view the application for ordering, left click HERE.
Individual, family, or company names may be engraved on a brick or stone paver of your choice and placed in the Memorial Walkway to honor those who serve - past, present & future.
Your commemorative brick may also include important dates, sayings, and events, that you wish to preserve as part of our town's heritage.
To down load the Application Blank, so you can fill it in and print it from your Word Processer, RIGHT click on the above link and choose "Save Target As..".
A commemorative brick may be the perfect gift for that "hard to buy for" person!
- Picnic Shelter Rental - The shelter at Pine Tree Park is available for rent for parties, reunions, etc. Electric and water are available. If interested, please contact the Town Clerk at
- INTERESTED IN JOINING A LOCAL GROUP?
Contact phone numbers and a list of local organizations available by clicking on "Links" on the top menu bar.
To Find Your Assessment Roll Information On The County Web Page
- Go to the link posted in red near the top of this page (http://www.wyomingco.net/real/main.html).
- Click on "Real Property Assessment Data and Web Mapping".
- A map of the towns in Wyoming County will appear.
- Click on "Basic Search". It can be found at the bottom left.
- You can search for your property by Tax Map #, owners name, address or street. We suggest the address option.
- Fill in the fields with the requested info, select "Town of Bennington" and click on search.
- Select the "Feature Attribute" Tool. A box will open, giving all sorts of information about your property, including the assessed valuation.
Zoning Permits ARE REQUIRED before building or remodeling. This includes pools and ponds. To avoid delays submit your application to the TOWN CLERK at least 1 - 2 months BEFORE YOU EXPECT TO BEGIN.
*Most projects also require a building permit from the Wyoming County Building Dept. All land separations require Planning Board approval. Zoning applications are available from the Town Clerk or download one by RIGHT clicking
on the following link and use the "Save Target As" option. Click Here - ZP Application You can then open it, type in the requested information, print and submit it. Another alternative is: after you type in the information, save the file to
your "Desktop". Open your email program and create an email to email@example.com, attach the pdf file you just saved and email it to the Zoning Officers. In case you do not have a program to handle pdf files, you can
down load "Adobe Reader" from: http://get.adobe.com/reader/
Bennington - Cowlesville
Kari Kelly or Debbie Kipp, Zoning Officers may be reached at 585-591-2157
Do you have a question about the STAR REBATE program? Get answers at:
Click Here - STAR
Bennington Recreation News For 2013
Summer Swim Program at Byrncliff
Sign-ups will be on Tues May 14th 5:30 to 7 pm
on Sat. May 18th 10:30 to 12:30 pm
Must sign up and pay fee in advance.
No Sign-ups at the Pool.