905 Old Alleghany Road
Attica, NY 14011
We hope this web site offers the residents of Bennington useful and pertinent
information about various events (the "calendar"); transfer station hours; what can be recycled; town clerk services; assessor services;
who the various board members are and even weather information.
If you click on the Town Hall or on the Bennington Seal images, they will enlarge. Most of the photos in this web site possess the same capability.
Out of town visitors to our site are able to learn something about us from the Town History page; our photo album and where we are located.
Besides the beautiful scenery, Bennington offers Golf, Bowling, camping, hiking, horse back riding, fishing and hunting.
For more data on Bennington, New York CLICK HERE.
Also, the UB Regional Knowledge Network link to demographic information on the Town of Bennington, can be found HERE.
Please visit the Web Sites of the two Town Fire Companies at:
Bennington Volunteer Fire Co.
Cowlesville Fire Department
Another helpful web page is the Wyoming County Office For The Aging:
Interested in Joining Local Groups? Please see the "Links" page.
As we discover any other items that would be of interest to our residents, we will be sure to add them.
2014 Upcoming Events/Notices
NOTICE: The Town Board is looking for someone to maintain the Town's website. Any interested resident is asked to
submit a letter of interest along with a resume to the Town Clerk's Office.
- Town Supervisor's 2013 February Newsletter CLICK HERE.
- Public input welcomed at anytime for Youth Recreation. Ideas and volunteers welcome to plan, carry-out, coach, chaperone, etc. youth sports, events & programs.
If interested, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 585-937-9913
- The town of Bennington invites you to become part of its rich history and heritage, by donating to the Memorial Monument at the Town Hall or the Memorial Walkway at the Bennington Historical Museum.
To view the application for ordering, left click HERE.
Individual, family, or company names may be engraved on a brick or stone paver of your choice and placed in the Memorial Walkway to honor those who serve - past, present & future.
Your commemorative brick may also include important dates, sayings, and events, that you wish to preserve as part of our town's heritage.
To down load the Application Blank, so you can fill it in and print it from your Word Processer, RIGHT click on the above link and choose "Save Target As..".
A commemorative brick may be the perfect gift for that "hard to buy for" person!
- Picnic Shelter Rental - The shelter at Pine Tree Park is available for rent for parties, reunions, etc. Electric and water are available. If interested, please contact the Town Clerk at
To Find Your Assessment Roll Information On The County Web Page
- Go to the link posted in red near the top of this page (http://www.wyomingco.net/real/main.html).
- Click on "Real Property Assessment Data and Web Mapping".
- A map of the towns in Wyoming County will appear.
- Click on "Basic Search". It can be found at the bottom left.
- You can search for your property by Tax Map #, owners name, address or street. We suggest the address option.
- Fill in the fields with the requested info, select "Town of Bennington" and click on search.
- Select the "Feature Attribute" Tool. A box will open, giving all sorts of information about your property, including the assessed valuation.
Zoning Permits ARE REQUIRED before building or remodeling. This includes pools and ponds. To avoid delays submit your application to the TOWN CLERK at least 1 - 2 months BEFORE YOU EXPECT TO BEGIN.
*Most projects also require a building permit from the Wyoming County Building Dept. All land separations require Planning Board approval. Zoning applications are available from the Town Clerk or download one by RIGHT clicking
on the following link and use the "Save Target As" option. Click Here - ZP Application You can then open it, type in the requested information, print and submit it. Another alternative is: after you type in the information, save the file to
your "Desktop". Open your email program and create an email to email@example.com, attach the pdf file you just saved and email it to the Zoning Officers. In case you do not have a program to handle pdf files, you can
down load "Adobe Reader" from: http://get.adobe.com/reader/
Bennington - Cowlesville
Do you have a question about the STAR REBATE program? Get answers at:
Click Here - STAR